SEO Checklist To Rank New Websites In 2022
SEO Checklist Contents.
SEO Basics ✅
- Set up Google Search Console (GSC) and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Install and configure your SEO plugin of choice (WordPress)
- Generate and submit a sitemap to Google Search Console (GSC) and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Create a Robots.txt
- Check Webmaster Tools for any manual actions
- Make sure the site is indexed
- Set up Google Analytics (GA)
Keyword Research ✅
- Identify the competitors (Competitive analysis)
- Find the main keywords
- Find long-tail keyword variations.
- Find Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords
- Create a keyword map
- Analyze the page intent of ranked results
- Make a list of questions being asked
- Check the target keyword difficulty
Technical SEO ✅
- Ensure the site is using HTTPS
- Check for duplicate versions of the site
- Check for crawl errors and fix them
- Improve site speed
- Check website mobile-friendliness
- Check for broken internal and external links (Link Reclamation)
- Find and fix HTTP links on HTTPS pages
- Use SEO-friendly URL structure
- Add schema markup, for Local Businesses, Videos, etc.
- Check the average page depth
- Check for redirects (301 & 302)
On-Site SEO + Content Creation✅
- Check & fix duplicate or missing title tags
- Check & fix duplicate or missing meta descriptions
- Find & fix multiple H1 tags
- Improve title tags, meta descriptions, and page content
- Perform a content audit and prune low performing content
- Add alternative (alt) text to images
- Improve internal linking
- Check for keyword cannibalization
- Update content to ensure it’s still relevant
Off-Site SEO ✅
- Build Citations
- Guest Posting
- Audit competitor backlinks
- Perform link intersect analysis.
- Find and reach out to unlinked mentions.
- Look for new link-building opportunities.
- Social Profile Optimization
Local SEO ✅
- Setup Google Business Profile (GBP)
- Ongoing GMB Optimizations
- Review Generation
- Name, address, phone number.
- Use embedded maps on your website.